This week in Apple news we saw the launch of the newest iPad Pro. It has the same camera module as the iPhone 11 line (we’ll leave it up to you whether you think that’s a good or bad thing) and now pairs with a new keyboard accessory that is a bigger deal than you might think.
In other Apple news, we also saw some other hardware updates, including the Mac Mini and MacBook Air, as well as some more coronavirus problems.
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- iPad Pro gets a pretty significant update: Apple’s high-end iPad Pro got a refresh this week. It now pairs with a Magic Keyboard accessory that turns an iPad Pro into a laptop replacement. This is significant because Apple has been avoiding the idea of iPads getting used as laptops to prevent cannibalizing its own line of MacBooks. However, it must have changed its mind as the Magic Keyboard even features a trackpad and marketing material compares the iPad Pro to a Windows PC.
- MacBook Air and Mac Mini get minor updates: The new iPad Pro wasn’t the only piece of Apple hardware to get a refresh this week. The MacBook Air got some faster performance, a better keyboard, and a lower entry price, while the Mac Mini got a huge storage upgrade for its lowest tier. However, none of these products received quite the overhaul that the iPad Pro did.
- Coronavirus continues to cause havoc: In what should come as little surprise, Apple continues to feel the heat as the coronavirus pandemic makes running the business very difficult. Apple’s stock took a major hit, stores are closed all across the globe, and even Apple employees are coming down with the virus.
- However, the coronavirus might not stop the iPhone 12: According to Bloomberg, the various issues raised by the COVID-19 pandemic won’t affect the launch of the iPhone 12 series in the Fall. Although the hardware launch likely won’t be a usual press event, the iPhones are allegedly still on track to launch.
- Beastie Boys documentary release altered due to pandemic: The Beastie Boys documentary produced by Apple was supposed to see a theatrical release. However, due to the ongoing pandemic, that release has been postponed. The documentary will still see its scheduled release on Apple TV Plus, though, on April 24.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.