This week in Apple news we saw mega-retailer Target unwittingly suggest that there are several new Apple products on the way. It turns out that the company’s inventory system lists products it knows are coming well in advance, which strongly suggests we will see a few new Apple products within the next month or so.
Elsewhere, we saw the new Lady Gaga video which was shot entirely on an iPhone 11, new rumors about an iPad keyboard case and trackpad, iPhone XR sales still going strong, and more!
See the Apple news roundup below for all the latest.
The top Apple news stories of the past week:
- Target’s inventory system shows off a ton of new Apple products: Rumors suggest Apple will hold a Spring launch event on March 31. We are relatively certain we’ll see the new low-cost iPhone then, but it seems we’ll also see new AirPods, a new Apple TV, a new iPod, and a new Apple Watch. This is all suggested by Target’s inventory system, which lists out these items — and in some cases even their prices.
- Leather iPad case all but confirms new camera design: A leaked case for an upcoming iPad shows the same square-shaped camera module that debuted with the iPhone 11. This backs up previous rumors that the new iPad Pro will have the same type of rear sensor.
- iPad Pro might get smart keyboard with trackpad: MacBooks don’t have touch screens and iPads don’t have keyboards. That’s how Apple wants it. However, the company might release a new smart keyboard attachment for the iPad Pro with a trackpad, which would significantly blur the line between iPads and laptops.
- iPhone XR the best-selling smartphone in North America last year: The 2018 iPhone XR dominated smartphone sales in North America last year. Not only was it the highest-selling smartphone in the US, Canada, and Mexico, but all of the top-five smartphones of the year were iPhones.
- Lady Gaga’s new music video shot entirely on iPhone 11: Lady Gaga’s new single “Stupid Love” has an accompanying music video. The Mad Max-inspired clip was apparently shot entirely on an iPhone 11, although who knows what additional attachments were used or what techniques were utilized in post-production.
Thinking about making the switch?
If you are reading this Apple news article on an iOS device and thinking about making the switch to Android, we have multiple articles and guides that can help you with that process. Despite how it might seem, moving from iOS to Android is easier than ever, and many of the services and systems on iOS have similar or even the same counterparts on Android.
The best place to start would be our guide on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which goes over all the basics. We also have more specific guides, such as how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We also have app guides that will give you the best alternatives to iOS staples, such as our list of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re looking for a great Android device to replace your iPhone, consult our list of the best Android smartphones available now.