Hey, a new Android version is out! Along with a big rebrand, Android 10 brings new security features, new gestures, a new Easter egg, and more. However, history tells us most people won’t receive the new version of Android for quite some time.
That’s why we asked you last week — how important are timely Android updates to you?
How important are timely Android updates to you?
Out of over 1,100 total votes, nearly 60% of voters think that quick Android updates are extremely important, followed by 24.1% of voters thinking that they’re somewhat important.
Just 6.5% of voters said timely Android updates are extremely unimportant, 6.4% said they’re not that important, while only 3.1% said they’re on the fence.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I would sooner be excited about the “FIX” for Androids to stop consuming battery power since the upgrade a while back. All settings checked for optimum usage, apps closed wifi used in the house and still some days it goes from 100% to 30 to 40% in a matter of a two or three hours.
- Extremely important that’s why I’m done with my LG V30+ and just bought a Pixel.. I can’t take the fact I still don’t have pie and haven’t had a security update since January 1, 2019 it’s obnoxious.
- Very important, especially for security updates. That is why I only buy brands that promise prompt security updates for at least 2 years.
- Pixel 3 XL and on Google Fi. So, as someone who gets the latest updates first, I can 100% attest that they are completely UNimportant to me.I barely notice any difference between versions, and the differences I manage to see do not matter one bit.
- Security updates are all I care about. There aren’t many new features in Android 10 that I don’t already have or can get via apps. Most of the new features are something that have been on Samsung phones for a while.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below!