Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most aren't installing the Android Q beta just yet
This week, Google officially rolled out the first Android Q beta. As expected, the build is a bit buggy, but it gives us a glimpse at what the future of Android will be.
Will you install the Android Q beta?
The votes are in, and they’re almost equally split between the three options. Coming in first, we have those who aren’t quite ready to install Android Q on their Pixel. As the firmware update is a beta, this result isn’t that surprising. Most people don’t want semi-broken software on their daily driver.
Looking through the comments, it appears as though people would be more open to testing Android Q once Google releases at least one more beta build. Hopefully, by then, some of the broken aspects of the operating system will be fixed.
Coming in second, we have 34 percent of our readership who have already installed the Android Q beta on their Pixel handsets. This number will likely increase once Google opens the beta to more smartphone manufacturers as it did with Android P.
Lastly, we have those who haven’t decided if they want to run the beta firmware. As we touched on above, more people will probably choose to join the beta program after Google releases a more-stable build of Android Q.
Here are some of the best comments from last week’s poll explaining why they voted the way that they did:
- I won’t be installing this first beta, but probably one of the later ones
- i don’t own pixel but would have installed it if i had one. might have flashed pie back after few days but can’t resist new update when available
- Tiny OS upgrades that pass as worthy of new names doesn’t really excite me…. I’m not one to get worked up over changes, given I’ve owned cell phones for over 20 years.
- Waiting for it on my Nokia 7 Plus. Last year, it was among the earliest devices, other than Pixels and Essential, to get Android P beta, let’s see when we receive Android Q beta
- why is there not an option for, “I would but I don’t have a Pixel”
- It’s running smoothly (so far) on my Pixel 2 XL.
That’s it for this week, everyone. As always, thanks for voting, thanks for the comments, and don’t forget to let us know what you thought of the results below.