Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
5 Android apps you shouldn't miss this week! - Android Apps Weekly
- Disney purchased Fox this week. This is a big deal. That means all of Marvel’s property is under one roof again. Disney’s upcoming video streaming service is starting to get a lot more appealing to many people. Some claim that Netflix should be nervous. However, Hulu, Netflix, and others have co-existed for years. The addition of Disney’s streaming service probably won’t change that.
- Google revealed the top search trends of 2017. Among them are the famous Mayweather vs McGregor fight, 13 Reasons Why, the various hurricanes that buffeted the American south, bitcoin, and many others. In consumer tech, the iPhone 8 and X dominated along with the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One X, Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, and the Razer Phone. Hit the link to see all the trends!
- The latest Humble Bundle is live! This time it’s a bunch of Noodlecake Studios games. That’s good news because that studio is fantastic. Some of the games include Alto’s Adventure, Pug’s Quest, Invert, Framed 2, The Bug Butcher, and others. Four games are available for $1. Beating the average price nets you four additional games. Finally, you can get every game in the bundle for a flat $5. That’s a great deal for some great games.
- Bridge Constructor Portal already has a decent buzz about it. We now have more to report. The game features Ellen McLain, the original voice actress for GLaDOS. That’s getting people excited. The eccentric robot AI was a fan favorite in the Portal games and remains an icon of the game. It’s really neat to see the actual GLaDOS returning for this mobile game.
- Microsoft Edge on mobile is doing surprisingly well. It amassed over one million downloads in just a few short weeks. Microsoft Edge browser isn’t half bad. Most of its critiques compare its lack of features to that of Firefox and Google Chrome. However, a mobile app offering shored up a lot of those weaknesses, including cross-platform syncing. It’s good to see some quality competition in the browser space.
For even more Android apps and games news, updates, and releases, check out this week’s newsletter by clicking here. You can also subscribe with the form below if you want. Of course, the best way to stay up to date is with the Android Authority app!
If we missed any big Android apps or games news or releases, tell us about it in the comments. Check back next week for more!