Sony Xperia Z1 (Honami) specs and features official
The phone has starred in a variety of leaks preceding the Berlin, Germany, media event, and we have seen many unconfirmed details about it in the past weeks, including plenty of leaked imagery – not to mention that Sony revealed various things about it with its teasers leading up to the event.
Thankfully, the phone is finally official, and we can check out its official specs sheet:
- Size: 144 x 74 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 170g
- 5-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080 resolution) with TRILUMINOS and X-Reality technology
- 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 graphics
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of memory
- microSD support
- 20.7-megapixel Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with G Lens (27mm wide angle and F2.0 aperture), BIONZ for mobile and a suite of camera apps (Info-eye, AR Effect, Timeshift Burst, Social Live)
- 3000mAh battery
- IP55/IP58 rating – waterproof and dustproof
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with Sony features on top
As expected, the Xperia Z1 will combine “the very best of Sony’s technology” in a “slim, waterproof and beautifully designed Android smartphone.”
The press shots confirm what we’ve known all along about the design of the handset thanks to the aforementioned leaks. The phone is similar to Sony’s previous Xperia Z-branded devices, including the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia Z Tablet and Xperia Z Ultra sporting some of the same visual elements that make these devices stand out.
We have the same aluminum frame and the same power switch button on the side, and a button and port layout the seem familiar – a dedicated camera button and lanyard hole is there as well. Furthermore, the front and back panels are both made of glass. That said, you’ll still be able to tell the Xperia Z1 apart from its older brothers.
We’ll be back with more Xperia Z1 coverage directly from Berlin, Germany, as Android Authority is on the ground at IFA 2013, exploring all these new Android devices for you.