Boxing fans now have a new reason to rejoice with the release of a game called Real Boxing on Android, from UK-based Independent Game Developer Vivid Games. Real Boxing is billed as an ultra-realistic title that boasts lifelike graphics thanks to the use of extensive motion capture from professional boxers and Unreal Engine. It has also been optimized for devices that run on NVIDIA’s Tegra 3 SoC.
As a game that has been optimized for the NVIDIA Tegra 3, Real Boxing is featured as one of the numerous titles in TegraZone, the free Android app from NVIDIA that showcases all of the latest and greatest Tegra-optimized games. And it’s not just about fancy grapics and luscious eye candy, either. Real Boxing has a Career Mode where players can make their way through more than 30 fights and three title belts to secure the title of World Champion. There is even an option to train boxers through mini games the are available in the game itself.
Here’s a more detailed list of all of the game’s features:
- Amazing Unreal-powered graphics and motion capture create astonishing realism. See sweat and blood fly with every punch.
- Optimised for Android and NVIDIA Tegra-powered devices.
- Deep Career Mode with over 30 fights and three belt titles to win.
- Train your boxer with mini games including skipping rope, heavy bag and mini bag.
- Fight over 20 opponents with their own unique and adaptive fighting styles.
- Play KO and Clinch minigames during a round for an energy boost.
- See, hear, and feel the roar of the crowd across 6 incredibly detailed venues including Moscow’s Red Square.
- Unlock new equipment, extra opponents and customised clothing.
- Customise your fighter’s appearance: hairstyle, skin colour, tattoos and clothing.
Real Boxing is available for download now through the Google Play store for $4.99. If you’re still on the fence, you may want to watch the Android launch trailer embedded below to see what exactly Real Boxing on Android is all about.