What comes to your mind when you hear the word “commando”? It’s something to do with the military, isn’t it? Just today, a new smartphone has been added to the wide array of Android devices that surely meets military standards. Casio, together with Verizon Wireless, has introduced the Casio G’zOne Commando, a mobile office with high security specs for protected corporate email, Wi-Fi for high-speed Web access, XT9 and T9 trace input for well-organized typing and snap-out menu for customized access to high-use applications.
The Casio G’zOne Commando is built to endure the most extreme conditions and can simply transition from work to play thanks to its advanced G’zGEAR software. As the definitive outdoor gizmo in mobile devices, G’zGEAR functions in eight modes (Earth Compass, Walking Counter, Adventure Training, Trip Memory, Tides, Thermometer, Sun / Moon, Star Gazer) to boost the vigorous, spirited lifestyle. With the support of its Triple Sensor technology, it can make use of direction, acceleration and temperature; G’zGEAR allows adventurers to execute at their fullest potential.
Check out these cool specs of the Casio G’zOne Commando:
- Android™ 2.2
- Meets Military Standards 810G for Immersion, Rain, Shock and Dust Resistant, Vibration, Salt, Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Altitude, Low and High Temperature Storage
- 5-megapixel camera with auto-focus, still photo, video capture, LED light
- High-security encryption for corporate email
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity
- Stereo Bluetooth™
- VZ Navigator® for GPS and audible turn-by-turn directions
- Mobile Hotspot capable-share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
The CASIO G’zOne Commando will be available online at Verizon Wireless’ website on April 28 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
The CASIO G’zOne Commando is being touted as a rugged smartphone. How about you guys? What can you say about the CASIO G’zOne Commando?