For many people, their Android devices are also their portable media hubs and their personal buddies in times of boredom. Just plug in the earphones and play one’s favorite songs to take one’s blues away. But, unlike some HTC phones, not all Android devices are equipped with Beats Audio that enhances your music experience.
Fortunately, XDA Developer RockoDev has managed to flash Beats Audio on some Android phones. The developer also claims that this installation method works (or, rather, “should work”) on all Android devices running Android 2.3 Gingerbread or higher.
The Beats Audio package has been tested and works with the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Motorola Photon 4G
- Motorola RAZR
- Motorola Atrix
- Motorola XOOM
So, if you want to enhance your music experience and add your device to the list, read our step-by-step guide on how to flash Beats Audio on your Android device.
- Any rooted Android device with custom recovery (e.g., ClockworkMod Recovery) installed. See our rooting section for guides and tutorials.
- Backup of your phone data
- Battery charge of at least 50%
- Users report that the Beats Audio package doesn’t work on some Android devices. Make sure you create a backup of your ROM before flashing the files.
- Flash the files at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any damage.
- Download the Beats Audio package to your computer:
- Connect your Android device to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the Beats Audio package to the phone’s SD card. Do not place it in a folder.
- Unplug your phone from the computer.
- Switch off your Android phone and reboot it into recovery mode.
- From the recovery menu, create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. You will thank yourself later for this if you botch up your installation.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and select “Install zip from sd card.”
- Choose “select zip from sd card” and select the Beats Audio package. Confirm the action to begin flashing the files on your phone.
- Once installation is complete, go back to the main menu and reboot your Android device.
- If something goes wrong, go to the XDA development thread for help.
Congratulations! You have successfully improved your music experience by installing Beats Audio on your Android phone or tablet.