by Paul Nuñal, 1 year ago
In the ongoing battle between mobile operating system giants like Google’s Android and Research in Motion’s (RIM) BlackBerry OS 7, it seems that would-be smartphone owners will find it hard to choose the best mobile…
How did you get your Blackberry Playbook? Did you buy it or receive it as a gift?
With the incredible sales reaching as high as $300 off, the Playbook is not looking as bad as it once did with its original $500 price tag. However, the Playbook does run the Blackberry OS which is a major problem. Therefore, the Dingleberry Jailbreak Download will allow for you to get the Android Market on your Blackberry Playbook. Below we have directions that will show you exactly how to do this thanks to one of the developers. Furthermore, in the future, we might see Dingleberry giving Playbook users the ability to dual-boot.
1. Install the 2.0 beta on your PlayBook.
2. Root your PlayBook using the Dingleberry tool found at dingleberry.it
3. Download the Google apps package from http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version/Google_Apps
4. Install and launch an Android app packaged as a .bar file in order to set up the Android system. I would recommend installing a launcher app of some kind since you will need one to launch the Market and related apps. A bunch can be found at http://playbookbars.com/
5. Log into your PlayBook as root with an scp client (eg: WinSCP for Windows). Copy the system folder in the Google apps download to the root of your PlayBook and merge it with the system folder there.
6. Open up a root ssh shell and remove “/system/app/SetupWizard.apk” (this can by done by typing in “mv /system/app/SetupWizard.apk /system/app/SetupWizard.apk.bak”.
7. Kill the running Android player “cd /apps/sys.android.XXXX.ns/native/scripts” (XXXX will be different for each device) and run “./android-player-cmd.sh kill-android-core.sh”
8. Launch a launcher app of some kind. Start up Android Market (or any other Google app), enter your account details and it will start working. This trick will also install Google Chat and a few other goodies. The Android Market works and will install things after you do this.
9. Play around with the Android player and find other cool things!
[Source: Talk Android]