Owners of the ViewSonic gTablet will have reasons to celebrate as users can now install the Android Market / Google Play Store application fully. The Google Play Store has been an important aspect of many Android devices as it is the source of rich applications for Android users to download. Without it, Android devices such as smartphones and tablets will be rendered partially useless as Android is built around the idea of applications to make smartphone-mediated life a whole lot easier.
Users of the ViewSonic gTablet always had the dilemma of getting the Google Play Store to work. But, thankfully a workaround has been created to solve the problem. The process may be tricky, but we’ve got it covered for you in this step-by-step tutorial. The only requirement that you need is to have root access on your device as we are going to modify some services running in the background for the Google Play Store app to work.
In this tutorial we are going to teach you on how you can enable the Google Play Store app to work on your ViewSonic G-Tablet.
- Download the Titanium Backup APK file from here and save it to your PC.
- Connect your ViewSonic gTablet to your PC via USB cable.
- Copy the Titanium Backup APK file to the root of your tablet’s SD card.
- Disconnect your tablet from your PC.
- Launch any file explorer app on your tablet (e.g., ES File Explorer).
- Browse for the Titanium Backup APK file and install it on your tablet.
- Check that Android Market / Google Play Store is working with your Google Account or Google ID. Try launching the Android Market or Google Play Store app. You should be able to see some applications, although you will not yet be able to install any app through it.
- Close the Android Market / Google Play Store app.
- Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. (In some UI versions, this is Settings > Applications > System applications.)
- Locate “Market” on the list. Tap on it. Tap the Force Stop button.
- Locate “Google Services Framework” on the list. Tap on it. Tap the Force Stop button.
- Launch Titanium Backup on your tablet.
- Tap “Backup/Restore”.
- Locate “Google Services Framework 2.2″ on the list.
- Select “Wipe Data”.
- Close Titanium Backup.
- Return to the homescreen of your tablet.
- Launch Android Market / Google Play Store. You will get an error. If you do not get an error, you have done something incorrectly, in which case, repeat from step 9.
- Reboot your tablet and leave it untouched for at least one minute after it has booted up.
- Launch Android Market / Google Play Store on your tablet. Apps will now be visible and you are now able to install apps.
- Reboot your tablet one more time.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled full access to the Android Market / Google Play Store on your ViewSonic gTablet.