It’s now possible to easily install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 without having to lose time, blood, sweat, and tears through the use of ADB commands.
A tool developed by XDA Developers member Gnufabio installs ClockworkMod Recovery v126.96.36.199 as easily as you can say Ice Cream Sandwich. The tool is called RazorClaw.
If you’re excited to get ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer and unlock the possibilities of flashing ROMs, then you’ll need a few things:
- A rooted Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101. If you haven’t rooted your Asus Eee Pad Tranformer yet, you can try our guide to rooting the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101.
- A fully charged battery. This prevents the Asus Eee Pad Transformer from shutting down in the middle of the installation process.
- Enable Unknown Sources on your Transformer. You can do this through Settings > Applications and selecting the Unknown Sources box.
- Play it safe and create a back up of the important data located on your device.
- Gnufabio’s RecoveryInstaller.
Once you have everything, you can now install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer:
- Download RecoveryInstaller.apk from the link above. Save it to your computer.
- Copy the APK file to your tablet. Take note of the file’s location.
- Open your favorite file explorer/manager app on your tablet.
- Browse for the APK file you copied and install it from within your file manager app.
- Go into your app drawer and find Recovery Installer.
- Open Recovery Installer and select “Click to flash recovery.”
- Once you have installed ClockworkMod Recovery, you can boot into ClockworkMod using the Transformer Reboot to Recovery app, which you can download from the Google Play Store. This allows you to get into recovery much easily and much faster.
- To manually boot into ClockworkMod Recovery, power off your Asus Eee Pad Transformer. Press and hold both Volume Down and Power buttons. When you see words scrolling at the top left of the tablet, immediately push Volume Up within 5 seconds.
Important Notes and Tips
- If you receive parsing error messages, it’s most likely because your su file is in the wrong location. Simply copy the su file from /system/bin using Root Explorer or Root Browser Lite, and paste it into /system/xbin. This means that you’ll have su in both /system/bin and /system/xbin, and is a common problem if a tablet has been rooted using Razorclaw. Once that is done, try installing ClockworkMod Recovery using Recovery Installer again.
- If you receive a “Sorry you are not rooted!” message, try opening the Superuser app. Click the wrench at the top-right portion and scroll down to General. Update your SU binary.
- Some users have reported that after the Asus Eee Pad Transformer reboots after installing recovery, it will not power on. If this happens, let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Other uses have also reported that after they had installed recovery and ran recovery mode, they could not push “Choose Zip from SD Card.” To solve this snag, insert a microSD card into the slot.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101.