While it’s good news for Moto 360 (2nd gen) owners, the Motorola said that it still didn’t have a timeframe for when the same update would appear on the Moto 360 Sport. We’ll let you know when we learn more.
Android Wear is Google‘s dedicated platform for smartwatches. Having launched the version 1.0 of Android Wear in 2014, it wasn’t until February of this year that Google introduced its first major upgrade to the OS in the form of Android Wear 2.0.
In case you’ve missed the news, Android Wear 2.0 delivers support for standalone applications, the Google Assistant, smarter watch faces with complications, improved notifications, a redesigned Google Fit app, and much, much more.
It’s the most exciting upgrade to hit Android Wear since it was released, so fans are naturally eager to learn which smartwatches will get the Android Wear 2.0 update, and when. If you’re one of those people, you’ve come to the right place.
Which smartwatches will get the Android Wear 2.0 update?
Though many Android Wear watches will get version 2.0, most of the first wave of devices won’t be upgraded. Watches such as the Moto 360, LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live released in 2014 aren’t set to receive the update. Similarly, the ASUS ZenWatch and Sony SmartWatch 3 have also been ruled out.
Other products released sometime later have been confirmed. These include:
- Motorola Moto 360 Sport – late April or May
- LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE – beginning of May, 2017
- Huawei Watch – was expected late March, now late April or May
- Huawei Watch Ladies – was expected late March, now late April or May
- ASUS ZenWatch 2 – early Q2, 2017
Which smartwatches already have Android Wear 2.0?
Since its launch, Android Wear 2.0 has rolled out to a number of devices, and a few others have been released running it out of the box. These are comprised of:
- ASUS ZenWatch 3
- Casio Smart Outdoor Watch (WSD-F10)
- Casio PRO TREK Smart (WSD-F20) – running out of the box
- LG Watch Urbane
- LG G Watch R
- LG Watch Sport – running out of the box
- LG Watch Style – running out of the box
- Fossil Q Wander
- Fossil Q Marshal
- Fossil Q Founder
- Michael Kors Access Bradshaw Smartwatch
- Michael Kors Access Dylan Smartwatch
- Motorola Moto 360 (2nd Gen.)
- New Balance RunIQ
- Nixon Mission
- Polar M600
- Tag Heuer Connected
Some of the watches on the list above may have only begun receiving the update recently and it may not have rolled out to all devices yet. If they’re on that list, though, the update should be hitting your smartwatch any day.
Have we missed any smartwatches due for Android Wear 2.0? Let us know in the comments.