Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Yahoo Mail app update - better document previews, extra widget, updated theme and more
It may be hard to imagine people still using Yahoo Mail, but it is a very good alternative some might prefer. The application does have over a hundred million downloads in the Google Play Store, so we will go ahead and assume more than a few of you are using it.
Yahoo makes sure to update and improve the app as often as possible. Only last month they pushed out a significant update and now we are getting yet another one, this time bringing Yahoo Mail to version 5.6.
Yahoo is not mentioning anything about the usual bug fixes and performance improvements, but they do give us a comprehensive list of all the new features included. Let’s give you the rundown.
- Stationary: We know you love sending fun, thoughtful emails whether you’re on your computer or your phone, so we’re bringing Stationery, courtesy of Paperless Post, to Android. Now you can add an extra touch to your emails with our Stationery themes, making that birthday wish to your best friend or thank you letter to Grandma that much more special.
- Document Preview: Previewing an attachment will not only save you space and data, but you can now view large files on your phone or tablet significantly faster, without any download.
- Home Screen Widgets: We’re adding a fourth widget that shows the unread message count for all your accounts and mailboxes.
- Disable Swiping: You ask, we deliver. We’re bringing you the ability to turn off the swipe to delete functionality. Never accidentally delete an email again.
- Spacing: We want to make sure your inbox reads just how you like it. So, as many of you have requested, you can now choose five levels of inbox spacing, from super-dense (no avatars, no message snippet) to super-expanded (several lines of message snippet).
- Update to Themes: We’ve updated the dark grey theme to be extra-high-contrast.
Want in on the fun? You can go ahead and grab your update or download the app from the Google Play Store. The update is pushing out now.