Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Xiaomi rolls out update to fix Wi-Fi issues for Mi Max users in India
While the earlier units sold did not seem to have any problems, Indian consumers who purchased the Mi Max in the first week of August began complaining of their smartphone being unable to connect to Wi-Fi. Trying various options, such as performing a factory reset, resetting the Wi-Fi, restarting the router, updating the software, and changing the bands, all failed to resolve the problem.
After receiving a number of complaints, Xiaomi’s engineers have identified the cause of the problem, and the company has just released an OTA update to resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity problems faced by Mi Max users in India.
Xiaomi has listed four methods in which Mi Max users can install the OTA update and fix their device’s Wi-Fi connectivity issues –
Method 1: Update from the Updater app (Recommended solution using mobile data, just 1.3 MB)
- Go to Tools folder
- Select Updater app
- Press on “Check for updates”
- Download the update and reboot the device
Method 2: Update your device via OTA zip
- Download the OTA ZIP here
- Connect your device to Windows PC
- Copy the downloaded OTA zip file
- Paste it to root directory of your device’s internal storage
- Unplug the device from the PC
- Open Tools folder from homescreen and select Updater app
- Click on the menu button on top right, the “three dots button”
- Click “Choose Update package”
- Browse to the OTA ZIP which you copied to your internal storage
- It will then ask to reboot to Flash Update the ROM
Method 3: Update via Recovery or Fastboot (Only for advanced users)
Keep in mind that if you own a Mi Max that does not have any Wi-Fi connectivity problems, then you do not need to download and install this update.
If you’re among the Mi Max users who need some help with the instructions above, you can visit the company’s nearest Mi Exclusive Service center as the fix has been made officially available to all its centers. You can locate the nearest Xiaomi service center by searching from this link.
You can also call the company’s customer care number in India at 1800 103 6286 and follow the instructions given by their agents to resolve the Wi-Fi connectivity issues in your Mi Max.