- Microsoft has announced the list of launch games that will be optimized for the Xbox Series X and S consoles.
- The 30 games will be available for the consoles’ release on November 10.
- The majority of those games will support the Smart Delivery feature.
Gamers who are lucky enough to snap up Microsoft’s new Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S consoles on November 10 will not have a lack of games to play. Today, the company revealed the list of Xbox Series X/S optimized games that will be available for purchase.
Here’s the list of the 30 launch games that will be optimized for the new consoles. Many of the games will support Microsoft’s Smart Delivery feature, which means if you buy one of those games for the older Xbox One console, you will get the optimized Xbox Series X or S version for free. Also, some of the games will be available on Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery)
- Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
- Bright Memory 1.0
- Cuisine Royale (Smart Delivery)
- Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition
- DIRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
- The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
- Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
- Maneater (Smart Delivery)
- Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
- NBA 2K21
- Observer: System Redux
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Tetris Effect: Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
- Warhammer: Chaosbane Slayer Edition
- Watch Dogs: Legion (Smart Delivery)
- WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
- Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)
Keep in mind the list of optimized games will have features that will take full advantage of the higher-end hardware found on the new consoles. The list includes both all-new games as well as older games that have been re-engineered to best use the CPU and GPU on the hardware.
Activision’s upcoming Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War will join the Xbox Series X/S optimized games list when it launches November 13. Cyberpunk 2077 with Smart Delivery will join the list November 19, and the Xbox-exclusive The Medium will be added December 10. The standalone expansion Destiny 2: Beyond Light will launch for Xbox One November 10, but will be optimized for the Xbox Series X/S December 8.
One more thing: in addition to the many optimized games, thousands of older Xbox One, Xbox 360, and original Xbox games will be available to play on the Xbox Series X/S consoles on launch day.
Read more: The best Xbox One games