Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Most of you don't use a ton of widgets
Widget functionality is one of Android’s oldest features, giving you quick access to specific functions or info at a glance without launching an app. Whether it’s a simple clock and weather widget, a Google search bar, or something different altogether, widgets are pretty handy.
We wondered how invested Android Authority readers were in widgets though. Do you have no widgets on your home screens or are your screens packed with them? We posed this question earlier this week and here’s what you told us.
How many widgets do you have on your phone’s home screens?
We posted the poll on Monday (January 24), and 2,400 votes were cast as of writing. It’s clearly a popular topic then, and the top option was one widget (23.3%). At least two comments support this choice, with these readers noting that they only have a clock widget.
People with two widgets across all their home screens accounted for 19.2% of votes, while the “none” camp was in third place with almost 16% of the vote. When you look at it another way, people with zero to two widgets made up almost 60% of the vote.
On the other end of the spectrum, 9.38% of polled readers said they had eight or more widgets across all their home screens. In fact, one reader left a comment saying they used 34 widgets, although 28 were from the same app.
Either way, it’s clear that most of you use widgets in some fashion but that super-users are in the minority.
- CR45H 0V3RR1D3: None, never have. I like a clean home screen. Which is why I am grateful that Apple finally added an app drawer. Never understood how they could use a device covered in icons.
- C.J. Brown: Two Widgets. Google Search Bar Widget, Motorola’s Clock – Calendar – Battery Level – Weather Round Widget. That’s about all I need.
- Carolyn Fleming: Bubble Cloud, Elecont Weather, Podcast Addict, Google Search, Jorte Calendar, Photo Widget, and Clock with several time zones. Love the widgets, especially Bubble Cloud and Elecont Weather, because they’re so customizable.
- FalKoopa: I use the Google at a Glance widget, and a few more like Music, Notes and a habit tracker. It’s genuinely useful to not have to go into the app or swipe the notifications to access those.
- Thelonius: Weather, Search, Gmail, Calendar, Notes and media controls.
- Russell DiPasquale: I have 3 screens, first is time and date with folders for my apps, second in my “to do” screen, has weather, calendar list and to do list, third is my car screen, battery widget and my car apps, music, podcasts, books, radio.
- Konrad Uroda-Darłak: Only clock with weather (one widget).
- Evie: Just one, a really nice customizable clock widget Seven Time. There’s nothing else I need.