Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's when you charge your wearable
We generally have different habits when it comes to charging our smartphones, as some prefer overnight charging while others prefer charging when the phone is completely dead. But what about charging a wearable device?
When do you charge your wearable?
Over 1,400 votes were counted in the poll, and it turns out that two picks stand out above all. The most popular choice was “when it dies or is about to die,” with 36% of respondents choosing this option. Meanwhile, 30% of polled readers said they charged their wearables overnight.
Rounding out the top three was “in the morning,” accounting for 16% of the vote. However, it only just edged out the “other” option, with 15% of the vote. Reader comments show that “other” could mean charging it while doing other things (e.g. showering), charging it for a few hours in the evening, or charging it when it reaches a certain battery percentage.
Finally, only 3% of polled readers say they charge their device after a workout.
- Michael Reed: I charge my Galaxy Watch 4 in the morning while getting ready for work or at work when needed and a few minutes at night while watching TV. I also use it for sleep tracking so it needs to last the night. I do not like the battery life but maybe the Watch 5 will be better.
- Sad_Linus_Guy: I charge my Galaxy Watch Active whenever it’s below 15%
- Sahan: I charge my Galaxy Watch 4 in the morning and in the evening because I use it for sleep tracking. The battery life is pretty bad though
- KazeOne: Charges while I shower and get ready, it’s the last thing I put on. 👍 Fitbit Charge 5 with almost 2 weeks on a single charge
- bradavon: My smartwatch lasts 10-14 days so why would I charge it every night? Huawei GT2.
- Matthew Anderson: I have a Fitbit Versa 2 and I charge it when I shower and get ready each day. I don’t think it ever gets below 65% battery, and it charges wicked fast. I have the brightness on normal, I have everything on all the time, except the AOD turns off at bedtime and turns back on in the morning. I will absolutely be upgrading to a newer Versa or possibly Sense in the future.
- Brandon Jackson: I charge mine pretty much as soon as I get home and put it back on for sleep monitoring. I do that every other day just so I really never have to worry about a low battery.