A week after the announcement that Waze is officially a Google Mobile Services app, Waze has now received an update to version 3.9.4, bringing with it smoother navigation, quicker route selection and an improved experience that it says is 85% faster than before. In addition to a much needed injection of speediness, the app update also brings an unspecified number of general bug fixes, and a few other new tricks like a traffic bar that estimates how long before a traffic jam (hopefully) ends.
Here’s the full changelog, for those interested:
- Experience an overall faster Waze: smoother navigation, quicker route selection, and improved re-routing.
- New traffic bar! Know how long you’ll be in a jam, tracking progress as you go.
- Learn which route Waze is taking with ‘Let’s go via’ voice instruction.
- Get a confirmation when sending your ETA: those receiving can instantly reply ‘Got it, thanks’.
- Improved support for U-turns
- General bug fixes
To grab the latest version of Waze, you’ll want to head on over to Google Play.