Disney Plus has already launched in the US and a few other countries. On March 24, the streaming service finally launches in large parts of Europe as well. We have already listed all the current movies and TV shows you can stream on Disney Plus. Of course, you can expect a lot more to be added to the service in the weeks, months, and years to come. Here’s a look at the Disney Plus upcoming shows and movies.
Disney Plus upcoming shows – scripted
The service has ambitious plans for several live-action and animated scripted series in the near future:
- Lizzie McGuire – This is a sequel series to the popular Disney Channel teen comedy show. It will feature Hillary Duff reprising her role as the title character, who is now 30 years old.
- Monsters at Work – A TV show based on the universe of Pixar’s Monsters Inc and Monsters University animated films.
- The Sandlot – A show based on the cult hit kids baseball film.
- Chip ‘n’ Dale – A new reboot of Disney’s animated show featuring the two chipmunks Chip and Dale.
- Life and Death – A half-hour sitcom about a child who grows up in the 1970s with two deaf parents.
- Muppets Now – A new series of shorts featuring the Muppets characters.
- Big Shot – John Stamos will star as fired college basketball coach. He’s then hired to be a coach and teacher at an all-girls high school.
- The Biggest Star In Appleton – Kristin Chenoweth will star in this half-hour comedy. She plays a small town mom, wife, and waitress who is also the star performer at her town’s local theater.
- Beauty and the Beast prequel – This live-action show will feature Luke Evans and Josh God as they reprise their roles from the recent musical remake.
- Turner and Hooch – A new show based on the hit movie about a U.S. Marshall who gets partnered with a rather large dog.
- The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder – A revival of the Disney Channel’s hit animated series.
Disney Plus upcoming shows – unscripted
The service has a ton of upcoming unscripted competition and documentary TV series in the works:
- Ink & Paint – the story of the women who worked on Disney’s classic animated films.
- Marvel’s 616 – A show about how Marvel Comics stories and characters intersect with the real world.
- Earthkeepers – A look at people dedicated to preserving endangered animals.
- Rogue Trip – A travel series centering on overlooked destinations.
- (Re)Connect – Families with issues try to come back together with the help of experts.
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies – A look at props and costumes from well known Disney films.
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2 – A series that goes behind the scenes of the creation of the upcoming CGI movie sequel.
- The Quest – Teenagers compete in a live-action medieval role-playing game.
- The Maze – Teams composed of one adult and one teen compete to solve puzzles in various European cities.
- Meet the Chimps – A docuseries about the Louisiana-based wildlife preserve Chimp Haven.
- Parenting Without Borders – Jessica Alba will host this series, which takes a look at parenting around the world.
- Untitled Wolfgang Puck documentary – This will take a look at Puck’s life, and how he came to be the first major celebrity chef.
- Untitled Mickey Mouse documentary – The mouse that helped build Disney will be examined in this documentary.
Disney Plus upcoming movies – original
Look for the service to release several original scripted movies in the coming months:
- Magic Camp – a family comedy centering on a summer camp for magicians
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Candace Against the Universe – A new animated movie based on the classic Disney Channel series
- Secret Society of Second Class Royals – This movie centers on a princess who is second in line to the throne of her kingdom, who discovers she has superpowers.
- Aladdin spinoff – A live-action spinoff movie from the recent 2019 Aladdin remake is in the works. It will center on the character of Prince Anders, to be played once again by Billy Magnussen.
- Hocus Pocus sequel – The long-awaited sequel to the hit supernatural comedy is in the works.
Future Star Wars Shows
Disney Plus had a major hit with the Star Wars-based live-action series The Mandalorian (and Baby Yoda) and it’s currently showing the seventh and final season of the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. There will be at least three more original Star Wars-based TV shows on Disney Plus:
- Untitled Star Wars: Rogue One prequel series – a TV show that centers on rebel spy Cassian Andor, played by Diego Luna, before the events of Rogue One
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan series – Ewan McGregor will return to the role he took on during the Star Wars prequel movies in this series. Currently, this series is on “indefinite hold” in terms of production but it has not been canceled.
- Star Wars: Jedi Temple Challenge – This will be a game show made for kids with Star Wars-themed challenges. Jar Jar Binks actor Ahmed Best will be the host.
Future Marvel Shows
If you are a fan of the MCU movies, get ready for a ton of original Marvel shows set in that universe on Disney Plus:
- Falcon and The Winter Soldier – A Marvel series that teams up two of the superheroes that have been previous teammates of Captain America.
- WandaVision – A Marvel series that focuses on The Scarlet Witch and Vision.
- Loki – A six-episode TV show based on Loki, the popular Marvel Studios supervillain. Actor Tom Hiddleston will reprise that role for the series.
- Hawkeye – Jeremy Renner will return to his role as Marvel’s top archer in this series.
- Ms. Marvel – A Marvel Studios series centering on the Pakistani-American superhero of the same name.
- Moon Knight – Yet another Marvel Studios series, and this one will tell the story of Marc Spector, a dark vigilante with moon-based powers
- She-Hulk – The gamma-powered woman who is also a lawyer will be the subject of another Marvel Studios series.
- Marvel What If – A animated series that takes a look at how the Marvel Cinematic Universe would look if certain events had happened differently.
Disney theatrical movies to be added to the service
In addition to all the original content that’s coming to Disney Plus, it will be the home for many recent and current Disney theatrical films in the coming months. In the next year, you can expect to see these movies added to the service:
- Onward – April 3, 2020
- John Carter – May 2, 2020
- Disney’s Tarzan – June 23, 2020
- Avengers: Infinity War – June 25, 2020
- Solo: A Star Wars Story – July 9, 2020
- Ant-Man and The Wasp – July 29, 2020
- Incredibles 2 – July 30, 2020
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil – Mid-2020
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker – Mid-2020
- Christopher Robin – September 5, 2020
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms – November 28, 2020
- Ralph Breaks The Internet – December 11, 2020
- Mary Poppins Returns – January 9, 2020
The best on Disney Plus
As we said, there’s a ton of content you can already stream on the service. Here are some of our guides showing the best of Disney Plus.
If you want to know more about Disney Plus, including some how-to articles and how it compares with Netflix, check out our dedicated posts below:
That was a very quick look at the many Disney Plus upcoming shows and movies, and we will be updating this list as more series and films are announced.