Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
These were the top YouTube videos of 2022
- YouTube has announced its most popular videos and creators of 2022.
- The list includes Technoblade’s farewell, Will Smith’s slap, the Super Bowl halftime show, and more.
- MrBeast also features in the top ten videos list and closes the year as the leading YouTube creator.
YouTube has announced its top videos and creators of 2022. At the top of the charts is Minecraft creator Technoblade’s farewell message — “so long nerds” — read out by his father after he died of cancer with a whopping 87.6 million views.
The second spot was grabbed by Guardian News’ uncensored video of when Will Smith slapped Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars. The infamous smack garnered 103 million views since going up eight months ago.
At number three, another Minecraft creator, Dream, topped the charts with a face-reveal video that got him 47 million views. He had never shown his face on camera before this.
NFL’s Super Bowl halftime show featuring Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige, 50 Cent, and Kendrick Lamar made the number four spot.
Other popular YouTube videos that made it to 2022’s top ten list include MrBeast‘s recreation of Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. The YouTuber was also the top creator on YouTube this year, with 114 million subscribers and counting.
You can check out the rest of the list below.
- Number 6: Mark Rober – Pranks Destroy Scam Callers- GlitterBomb Payback
- Number 7: Jaiden Animations – Being Not Straight
- Number 8: Kane Pixels – The Backrooms (Found Footage)
- Number 9: The Try Guys – what happened
- Number 10: First We Feast – Millie Bobby Brown Needs a Milkshake