Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Galaxy Fold, Mate 30 Pro, and OnePlus 7T reviews
This week OnePlus finally unveiled the new OnePlus 7T in an event in India, although the company has yet another event scheduled for October 10 in London. Check out our review of the OnePlus 7T to find out why it’s a serious leap forward from the 7 Pro, plus our review of the OnePlus TV.
But the 7T wasn’t the only new phone we reviewed this week. We spent more some quality time with the Samsung Galaxy Fold, and published our thoughts in four parts. We also reviewed the HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro, which has strong appeal despite its obvious limitations. Last but not least, we reviewed the gaming-centric ASUS ROG Phone 2, the long and skinny Sony Xperia 5, and the productivity-minded Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 tablet.
On the more conceptual side, we got a glimpse of the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha, with a stunning 180.6% screen-to-body ratio. At $2,800 it’s not an easy sell, but it’s one of the coolest phone concepts we’ve seen in a long time.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- OnePlus 7T review: The pro you always wanted — The OnePlus 7T brings some of the most powerful flagship features to a device that costs half as much.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: The verdict — In this conclusion to our four part review we answer the most burning question: Is this phone worth $1,980?
- HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro review: The forbidden fruit — The Mate 30 Pro is a superb device, but the Google uncertainty makes it hard to recommend.
- Sony Xperia 5 review: Not so Compact — Is Sony’s latest a miniaturized marvel or a diminutive disaster? Find out in our Xperia 5 review!
- ASUS ROG Phone 2 review: Somebody finally nailed the gaming phone — Props to ASUS for building the best phone that the gaming niche has ever seen.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 review: Can Samsung’s best tablet out-work the iPad? — We explore whether or not the powerful Android slate is truly for professionals.
- OnePlus TV review: An ambitious first try with a few stumbles — One reason to buy, and a few not to. Learn more in our OnePlus TV review.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 review: Solid smartwatch, but not too “active” — Find out why it’s a good smartwatch, but a not-so-good fitness watch.
- Amazon Echo speakers and devices: The new 2019 lineup — The 2019 Amazon Echo lineup of devices includes updated smart speakers, a new smart lamp, and even smart glasses and rings.
- Google’s quantum supremacy: What it means — Google researchers claim to have achieved quantum supremacy. But what does this actually mean?
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week we released two episodes of the podcast. In the first, Ryan Thomas-Shaw joins the crew to talk about the ROG Phone 2, as well as the Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha’s screen-tastic design.
The week’s second episode was all about the OnePlus 7T. David Imel joins to explain why the phone blows away the competition, including the Note 10 in some regards.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a OnePlus 7 Pro?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.