Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Nostalgia overload with Disney Plus and the new Razr
This week was truly a blast from the past, where we got our first hands-on impressions of the Motorola Razr folding phone that emulates the extremely popular 2004 feature phone. It might not have the most cutting-edge specs around, but it does come in a much more pocket-friendly form factor.
The nostalgia didn’t end there though, with Disney Plus rolling out in several territories around the world. Thanks to aggressive pricing on the bundle with Hulu and ESPN, it racked up 10 million subscribers on day one. Even so, once the novelty of reliving your childhood wears off, there isn’t much new content to be seen.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Motorola Razr hands-on: Back in black — The Motorola Razr is back, this time in a new foldable form factor. This is the return of the 2004 icon.
- OPPO Reno Ace review: Taking charge — The OPPO Reno Ace tackles competitors with a Snapdragon 855 Plus, 90Hz screen, quad-camera, and rapidly recharging battery.
- OPPO Reno 2 review: A great option amidst excellent competition — The OPPO Reno 2 narrowly misses out on being one of the best value flagships around.
- Redmi Note 8T review: A cheap way to Google Pay — The Redmi Note 8T stands out by offering NFC on a budget, with a quad camera setup to boot.
- 180 days into the US ban, is HUAWEI too big to fail? — Some were quick to predict HUAWEI’s demise, but six months after the ban the company is killing it.
- Disney Plus is a nostalgia buffet, but is that enough? — Disney Plus has tons of great classics and other pre-existing Disney content, but original content is lacking.
- My Pixel 4 pickle: I love it and hate it at the same time — The Google Pixel 4 is a disappointing product as a whole, but I don’t seem to care enough about its faults to stop using it.
- Losing India would be a disaster for Samsung — After crashing out of the Chinese market, Samsung is facing increasing pressure from the same cut-throat brands in India.
- Staff Picks: 10 things Kris uses every day — A small roundup of the everyday carry tech products and accessories I can’t live without.
- HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro redux: Still a top phone! — After spending a few days with the Mate 20 Pro as my main phone, here are my thoughts on HUAWEI’s 2018 flagship.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we discussed the new Motorola Razr and geek out over its retro mode, plus our opinions on Disney’s new streaming platform and Apple’s digs at Chromebooks in the classroom.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum?
This week, we’re giving away two brand new Roborock S6 Robot Vacuum cleaners. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.