Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Official Pixel 4 preview and Huawei's shifting strategy
This week started with a leaked image of the Pixel 4, which was no surprise given the Pixel line’s history with leaks. What was a surprise was Google responding by posting an official image of the Pixel 4 on Twitter. A few days later it was even spotted in the wild. Check out the latest Pixel 4 rumors at our rumor hub.
Huawei was also in the news as its conflict with the United States government drags on. Although it’s working on its own Oak OS, it’s also reportedly considering using the Linux distribution SailfishOS.
On the review side, this week we published reviews of the Moto Z4, Red Magic 3, and ZTE Axon 10 Pro smartphones. We also gave our first impressions of the mid-range Samsung Galaxy M40, which looks like another winner for smartphone giant Samsung.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Motorola Moto Z4 review: Treading water gets you nowhere — The Motorola Moto Z4 is probably best left to those who’ve already invested in the Moto Mods ecosystem.
- Red Magic 3 review: Great value in a fun phone — This Red Magic 3 is aimed squarely at gamers and packs a real punch along with some very unique features.
- ZTE Axon 10 Pro review: It packs a huge punch — Starting at just 599 euros, the ZTE Axon 10 Pro brings insane value to the flagship space.
- Samsung Galaxy M40 impressions: Makings of a mid-range champion — The Infinity-O display and powerful internals help the Galaxy M40 stand out in a sea of competitors.
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL: All the rumors in one place — In light of all the Pixel 4 news this week, we’ve updated our ongoing Pixel 4 rumor hub.
- Bluetooth codecs 101: Everything you need to know — A quick rundown on everything you need to know about wireless audio.
- Need for speed: How much faster are modern phone processors — Would your money be better spent on an aging flagship or a new mid-range phone?
- PCI Express 4.0: What it is and why it’s important — Hardware supporting the new PCI Express 4.0 standard is now finally available. Here’s why it’s important to you.
- A eulogy for iTunes, and the MP3 era — iTunes is officially being laid to rest. Goodnight, sweet prince.
- What does Hulu offer in 2019? Here’s everything you need to know — Although Hulu is one of the oldest streaming platforms, it’s still among the best.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we about the Pixel 4, the Xiaomi Mi Band 4, E3 2019, and more! Listen to the full episode below.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10 (US only)?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.