Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Huawei P30 Pro review and the death of Inbox
This week we published our full Huawei P30 Pro review, and oh boy does it live up to the hype. Our reviewers were very impressed with its camera, which topples even the Pixel 3’s low-light photography in our direct comparison. Speaking of Pixel devices, we revisited our Pixel 3 review for 2019, and reported that the Pixel 2 and 2 XL are no longer being sold. That might make some room in the lineup for the upcoming Pixel 3a.
On the more affordable side, we reviewed the Moto G7 and Moto G7 Power, which are fantastic budget devices. The king of budget devices, the Pocophone F1, received a software update that unlocked 4K recording and Game Turbo mode, bringing even more value to the $300 device.
April Fools Day was this week, and Google was up to its usual shenanigans. What wasn’t a joke was the death of yet another Google service, Inbox. We put together a list of alternatives to Inbox for those of you still using it, including a promising service called Spark. There are also ominous signs that Google Play Music may be next up on the chopping block.
Here are the top 10 stories for the week
- Huawei P30 Pro review: A phone with superpowers – With an incredible camera and a stellar battery life, our reviewers were smitten with Huawei’s latest device.
- Huawei P30 Pro vs Pixel 3 XL: The ultimate low-light camera comparison – The Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL are known for their low-light prowess, but the Huawei P30 Pro might just take the cake.
- Google Pixel 3 revisited: What’s held up and what hasn’t after five months – Everyone knows that the Pixel 3 takes great photos, but how well has it aged in 2019?
- The best Google Inbox alternatives for Android – Google has killed off its once innovative service Inbox, but these alternatives can help ease the loss.
- Moto G7 and Moto G7 Power review: Still the best affordable Android phones – Motorola has been releasing great budget devices for years, and the Moto G7 is no exception.
- Here are Google’s April Fool’s Day gags: From Google Tulip to spoon bending in Gboard – This year Google’s gags include an app that cleans your screen, a talking tulip, and more.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: All the rumors in one place – The Samsung Galaxy S10 is still fresh out of the gates, but that doesn’t mean it’s too early for some Galaxy Note 10 hype.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active review: Great hardware let down by erratic tracking – This attractive and lightweight device looks like a winner, but ultimately left us disappointed.
- Apple Arcade: Is it bad news for Android? – Apple Arcade promises to bring high quality games to mobile devices, but will Android be left in the dust?
- The story behind Snapchat’s Android rebuild – Snapchat’s Android app has a long history of trouble, so we sat down with its developers to hear their side of the story.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
On this week’s edition of the podcast we give our thoughts on the end of Inbox and Google Plus, as well as the early rollout of 5G in Chicago.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.