Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Tomb Raider 2 is now on Google Play, priced at $.99
Just like we saw with the first one, the port of Tomb Raider 2 doesn’t mess the original formula that much at all. That means the same graphics as Tomb Raider was released with nearly two decades ago (it launched in 1997).
Really the only main difference here is the on-screen controllers that have been added in. On-screen controls are never going to be as good as using a console-quality gamepad (Bluetooth controllers are supported), but it’s still a welcome addition for those that want to pick up the game and play anywhere, without having to worry about bringing a controller with them.
It’s also worth noting that the TR2 expansion, The Golden Mask, is included here, giving you even more content. All of this at a price of just $.99 with no in-app purchases.
Here’s the full features log, straight from the Google Play listing:
- Explore GRAND NEW LOCATIONS from Tibet, China to Venice, Italy!
- ARM YOURSELF with automatic pistols, grenade launcher, M16 rifle and more!
- Over 50 UNIQUE ACHIEVEMENTS to unlock!
- KILL OR BE KILLED by deadly Warrior Monks, Yetis and more!
- Comes complete with “THE GOLDEN MASK” expansion!
- Take CONTROL OF VEHICLES such as motorboats and quad bikes!
What do you think, anyone planning on picking this one up? For those that already did, run into any compatibility problems that you want to warn us about? Fire away in the comments section below.