Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
This week in Android: Watch the Super Bowl for free, History of Galaxy S phones
This week we explored the history of Samsung’s Galaxy S phones, from the S to the S20, do you know which one is the best selling Android phone of all time?
As we explored a list of brave OS developers that tried and failed to overtake Android, we pondered if HUAWEI should give it a try. Operating systems like Blackberry 10, and Windows 10 Mobile gave it a good go, but they chose to take on Android, HUAWEI is all but forced to compete in order to stay alive in the Western markets right now.
This weekend is Super Bowl LIV. You’re probably reading this trying to figure out where to watch it right now. Good news, we’ve got you covered with a list of places to watch the Super Bowl for free, legally, and in 4K.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- Watch Super Bowl LIV here – That’s right, the barrier to this show has been reduced this year. Enjoy the game!
- Should HUAWEI compete with Android? – With the loss of Google apps, it might be time to drop Android as well.
- If HUAWEI drops Android, will they join our list of failed attempts to compete with Android?
- Can a stretchable battery be real? – That’s be great for wearables
- Motorola Moto G Stylus – Leaked specs show some promise for a 6.36-inch phone
- Does the HUAWEI Mate X2 fold inward? – Perhaps the outward folding idea was a mistake
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip rumor hub – Updated with the latest info, and colors
- But… I want it – Jimmy thinks the Pixel 5 should have Motion Sense, others think it’s a wasted gimmick
- Netflix and binge – Updated our list of 12 shows you can binge watch on Netflix right now
- Apps and more apps in our Android Apps Weekly – New Emoji, more messaging apps, and a ban on predatory loan apps, plus some games are on deck this week.
From around the network:
- Don’t fly drones around the Super Bowl – Drone Rush
- Bluetooth multipoint is a fantastic tool for productivity– SoundGuys
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we had to announce the end of Season 2. It’s sudden, we’re sorry, but the show needs a break. Listen to the season finale to hear about Graphene batteries, Motorola curbing expectations on the Razr, LG being the premiere device for audiophiles, and more. Also, thanks for tuning in, we hope to be back in action with Season 3 before too long.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Deal of the week:
Our pick for deal of the week is the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512GB edition for just $636. That’s basically half price what you would have paid at first release. This is in new condition, sold direct from Amazon, a good deal for sure.
Google Pixel 3a – A reliable phone for our favorite readers
This week, we’re giving away a brand new Google Pixel 3a smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.