Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
The Weekly Authority: LG Wing review, Samsung Galaxy S30 leaks, and more
The LG Wing was the device of the week for us. Not suggesting that it’s the phone you need to buy, you should read our LG Wing buyer’s guide to make that decision for yourself, but it’s a fun approach to a dual-screen phone. The swivel design creates a T-shape, which is a handy way to maintain an easy hand-hold while viewing content in landscape orientation, not to mention a great way to multi-task. We just wish it had beefier specs.
Samsung Galaxy S30 leaks and speculation continue. As one of the most important phone lines in the Android market, many are looking to the Galaxy S30 to see what the next generation of “flagship” looks like. Under the hood, that could be little more than an iterative update from the Galaxy S20. Is it really better for the environment to skip a charger and other common accessories for new devices? Reports say Samsung will follow Apple and give it a try, don’t expect a charger or earphones in the Galaxy S30’s box.
- The Galaxy S7 series is over 4 years old, but it just got an update (October 28, 2020)
- Amazfit GTR 2 and GTS 2 pack a ton of features and are launching in the US, UK (October 27, 2020)
- OnePlus 7T series gets a new stable Oxygen OS build: What you need to know (October 26, 2020)
- This keyboard phone runs three operating systems, including Android (October 27, 2020)
- OnePlus Nord N10 and N100 announced: Budget phones with headphone jacks (October 26, 2020)
Looking at the industry at a larger scale, we’re excited to see that HUAWEI can allegedly buy Samsung display panels now (but not chipsets). We’re also happy to see some progress from Sony, but is it enough – Is Sony’s smartphone business finally turning a corner?
We asked, you told us:
- The Pixel 5 takes better pictures than the Galaxy S20 FE (October 26, 2020)
- The Google Pixel series needs a complete camera overhaul (October 28, 2020)
There were a few watches, an award winning vacuum, and more on our test bench this week. There was even an Android phone in the group.
- TCL 10 5G UW review: Bringing affordable 5G to Verizon customers – By Eric Zeman
- Insta360 One X2 review: 360-degree camera for dummies – By Eric Zeman
- Acer Chromebook Spin 311 review: An easy choice for most people – By Eric Zeman
- TicWatch Pro 3 review: Resetting the bar for Wear OS smartwatches – By Oliver Cragg
- Huami Amazfit Bip U review: A bang for your buck – By Adamya Sharma
- WHOOP Strap 3.0 review: Plenty of problems, so much potential – By Jimmy Westenberg
- ECOVACS Deebot Ozmo T8 review: Mop, vaccum, and scrub like a pro – By Kris Carlon
Features & Opinion
As our OnePlus fans on the team have been scouring all the recent news from the brand, they’ve been just as excited about new devices as they have questions about some of the philosophy. In short, the question was asked: Is OnePlus already breaking promises with the Nord phones? For those that think Facebook is a blight on person data safety, should we be scrutinizing their other properties as harshly?
- The OnePlus 8T has a Nord problem – By Dhruv Bhutani, October 28, 2020
- Why is everyone still giving Instagram a free pass? – By Suzana Dalul, October 25, 2020
- Disney Plus vs Netflix: Which streaming service should you choose? – by John Callaham, October 25, 2020
- Lithium-ion vs lithium-polymer: What’s the difference? – By Robert Triggs, October 28, 2020
- OnePlus 9: The nine things we want to see from the next OnePlus flagship – By C. Scott Brown, October 25, 2020
- First prize: OnePlus 8T and an AA hoodie
- Second prize: Garmin Venu and an AA hoodie
- Third prize: Sony WH-1000XM4 and an AA t-shirt
That’s it, folks! We’ll have more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.