Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Talon for Twitter updated with Android 6.0 Marshmallow support, new Android Wear elements and more
Even the most loyal Twitter fans can tell you the social network’s official app is not the best around. There’s plenty of better options, but one of the best happens to be Talon for Twitter. It’s sleek and full of great features, but you can learn more about all that in our Talon for Twitter review. Right now we are here to talk about its latest update, which happens to come with a long list of improvements.
- Built for Android Marshmallow
- Revamp of Android Wear app layout
- Support for favoriting and retweeting statuses from Android Wear
- Support for composing tweets on Android Wear
- Support for replying to tweets on Android Wear
- Show images on quoted tweets
- Handle links to compose tweets
- Direct Messages no longer have a character limit
- Show images on user profile pages
- Apply Android Marshmallow’s new runtime permission model
- Don’t stream blocked users with Talon Pull
- Don’t redirect to the external browser for translations
- Show embedded tweets rather than links in more places
- Some performance improvements
- Some bug fixes for direct messages
- Fix duplicate tweets occurring for some
- Various Bug fixes
- Update application dependencies
Going down the change log one can also notice there are plenty of Android Wear improvements. For starters, the app layout has been altered. Talon now also supports multiple new smartwatch functions, such as favoriting, retweeting and even replying (via voice). Oh, and they finally got rid of character limits on Direct Messages!
The update is now available from the Google Play Store, so go catch the new software. If you haven’t purchased the app, you should take a look at our Talon for Twitter review and see if it’s to your liking. It’s certainly not cheap at $3.99, but many of your fellow Twitter enthusiasts believe it’s the best four bucks you can spend!