Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
T-Mobile subscriber? Here's how to get two months of YouTube Premium for free.
T-Mobile recently partnered with YouTube to give its customers even more to do while they are quarantined at home thanks to the coronavirus pandemic. For this week’s T-Mobile Tuesdays promotions, the carrier is handing out two months of free YouTube Premium starting today, March 24. Not only that, but T-Mobile customers also get a free four-week online course of their choice from Shaw Academy.
YouTube Premium gives you unlimited ad-free viewing, as well as the ability to download videos and watch them offline. It also supports background playback for YouTube videos, even when your device is locked. Subscribers also get access to YouTube Music Premium for a better music listening experience. It normally costs $11.99 a month, so this two-month deal is worth nearly $25.
Note that this free, two-month trial is only for new subscribers. If you’re a current YouTube Premium subscriber, you won’t be able to take advantage of this deal.
Related: All the YouTube services, including YouTube Music, YouTube Premium and YouTube TV
Shaw Academy offers fully accredited online classes covering a wide range of topics. The subjects include business, technology, marketing, design, and more. Shaw Academy’s four-week modules cost $49.99. That means alongside the YouTube Premium savings, T-Mobile customers can save a total of nearly $75 thanks to this promotion.
If you are a T-Mobile customer, getting these benefits is really easy. Here’s how to do it.
How to get YouTube Premium and Shaw Academy courses for free
- If you are on Android, download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app from the Play Store if you haven’t already.
- iOS users will need to visit t-mobiletuesdays.com.
- Open the app or website, and you should see the YouTube Premium and Shaw Academy promo cards on the home page.
- Tap on one of these promo cards, and select the save button near the top.
- The save button will change to a redeem button. You can either redeem the offer immediately, or you can come back later to redeem it at a more convenient time.
- To redeem it right away, just tap the redeem button, and follow the final setup instructions.
- If you decide to finish redeeming the offer later, you can find it in the My Stuff section of the app or website. To navigate there, you will need to select the present icon to the right of the home icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen.
- On the website, the navigation bar is at the top of the screen.
- From here, you will see a list of all of your saved promos and how much time you have to redeem them.
- Just select the promo you want to redeem, tap the redeem button, and follow the final setup instructions.
Do note that this offer is for a limited time only. T-Mobile customers will need to save the YouTube Premium promo by April 21 and redeem it by May 1. They will need to save and redeem the Shaw Academy promo by April 13.
It’s better to jump on the deals and redeem them as soon as you can so you don’t miss out. Once you do, you will have a few more ways to keep yourself busy while you are stuck at home.