Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions fights its way to the Play Store
A new Star Wars game has just made its way to the Play Store, based off of the Star Wars Rebels animated series on Disney XD. The game is called Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions, and it’s an action-platformer that takes place between Episodes III and IV. You’ll take control of Ezra Bridger, the show’s star, and team up with many other familiar characters to fight against the Empire.
There are 34 levels in all, but unfortunately you’ll only get to play the first four for free. With a few in-app purchases, you’ll be able to unlock 30 additional levels, lightsaber privileges, and much more:
- BATTLE against the Empire as Ezra Bridger, the street-smart hero, and dodge TIE fighters
- DRIVE an Imperial AT-MP and activate boosts to take down the Empire’s legion
- COLLECT Hope and gift to citizens to earn boosts
- CUSTOMIZE your secret Rebel Haven with rewards like living units, towers, building mods, and art
- DISCOVER secret rooms, Stormtrooper helmets, and play to earn rewards from Chopper
With In-App Purchases:
- UNLOCK 30 additional levels, with more Empire enemies, boosts, secret rooms, and rewards to expand your Rebel Haven
- BATTLE STAR WARS BOSSES including TIE bombers, AT-DPs, and TIE fighters
- WIELD a Lightsaber as Kanan Jarrus, the cowboy Jedi, and battle with your twin-blaster as Sabine Wren, the explosive artist
It’s unfortunate that the game features in-app purchases to even get to level five, but remember – this is a Star Wars game. Paid content is what we’ve come to expect from these types of games, especially because Disney is involved in creating this one. If you’d like to try out the game for yourself, be aware that it comes in at a big 1.2GB file size, so you’ll want to be on a steady Wi-Fi connection before you start downloading.
Though the game is ridden with IAPs and holds a big file size, we can tell you that Star Wars Rebels: Recon Missions is really addicting. If you’re interested in trying it out, head to the link below.