Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Sprint offers half-bill promo for those switching from Verizon and AT&T
In Japan, mobile carriers are engaged in such a ruthless war of side switching promotions, that the industry itself is no longer creating new long term customers. Rather, it’s all about defecting from one carrier to another while remaining on the same number to receive major discounts every time your contract ends. As America begins to experience a similar trend, Sprint (owned by Japan’s Softbank) is taking things up a notch.
Sprint has unveiled a major boon for current Verizon or AT&T customers willing to switch over to the Now Network. The promotion will begin this Friday. The details are as follows:
1. Current customers on either Verizon or AT&T (not T-Mobile) can receive up to $350 towards Early Termination Fees or device installments. This said device must be surrendered to Sprint upon the onset of the contract.
2. Sprint will find a contract with monthly conditions that cost half of that which current Verizon or AT&T customers are now paying.
3. Customers taking advantage of this promotion must purchase a new device at the time of contract.
4. Customers must bring their current bill to verify the current total.
This could go a long way in helping Sprint to change its rather abysmal reputation and could be enough to lure in customers from other networks. Of course, it is worth noting that the promotion will be available for a limited time only (once you have switched, however, the rate will be fixed.) For all those looking to update their mobile or just save money, this could be a fantastic opportunity.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), December 02, 2014 – In an unprecedented move, Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced it will cut in half the monthly rate plan for Verizon and AT&T customers who switch to Sprint beginning Friday, Dec. 5. With the Cut Your Bill in Half Event, Sprint will provide unlimited talk and text to anywhere in the U.S. while on the Sprint network – regardless of a customer’s current plan – and match the customer’s data allowance for half the cost they are currently paying for their monthly rate plan.1
“The Cut Your Bill in Half Event clearly demonstrates that Sprint delivers the best value in wireless,” said Marcelo Claure, CEO, Sprint. “It’s as simple as this: Bring Sprint your Verizon or AT&T bill along with your phone and we’ll cut your rate plan in half. That’s a 50 percent savings on your rate plan every month. And this great deal is not just a promotion. This will be the customer’s ongoing price.”
Beginning Friday, Dec. 5, Verizon and AT&T customers switching to Sprint need to follow these simple steps to take advantage of this limited-time offer:
1. Visit sprint.com/halfprice to upload a copy of your current bill.2
2. Bring a copy of your latest bill and all of the phones on your Verizon or AT&T account to turn in to your Sprint store.
3. A Sprint representative will select the service plan that most closely matches the data allowance in your current monthly rate plan.3
4. Get your new phone with one of our leasing options, Sprint Easy Pay(SM) installment billing, or pay full retail price for the device.
Additionally through this offer, Verizon and AT&T customers on a contract are eligible to save even more. Sprint will pay up to $350 per line via a Visa® Prepaid Card for their early termination fee or installment bill balance when they switch. Once a customer has received the final bill from the other carrier, he or she may simply register for the Visa Prepaid Card at sprint.com/jointoday.4
The half-off rate from Sprint will be based on the monthly voice, text and data rate plan charge for all lines on the customer’s Verizon or AT&T bill. For example, Verizon customers paying $140/month for four lines of service to share can get four lines of service from Sprint for $70/month. Customers are entitled to the half-off rate as long as they remain on the plan.