The SoundCloud app for Android has been a decent conduit to the SoundCloud world of shared audio by amateur and pro alike. As a great tool for smaller musical artists to get their sounds out there, one can set up a decent playlist and enjoy music streaming on their Android device. When you are not in the mood for music, services like Audible also frequent the services, allowing you to listen to books read aloud.
This new update does not bring full Material Design to the SoundCloud app, as they have built a few of their own unique features that are not done justice with a Material Design makeover. The update does bring the Lollipop style notifications.
The full SoundCloud v14.12.18-43 update changelog reads as follows:
- Lollipop design updates (not full material)
- Lollipop notification support
- When paused, artwork is blurred
- Facebook integration update
- Fixed bug that stopped stream paging prematurely
- Added French translation
- Fixed crash on login effecting some Samsung devices running Android v4.2.2
Check for the update or hit the Google Play Store to install your clean and free copy of SoundCloud.
Material Design and Lollipop notifications are nice, but what feature were you really hoping to see in a new SoundCloud update?