Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Sony WH-1000XM4 poses in leaked promo video, key features revealed
- The Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones have appeared in a leaked promo video.
- The video reveals all the key specs and features of the upcoming noise-canceling headphones.
- Most of its attributes are the same as the WH-1000XM3, except for two handy new features.
The Sony WH-1000XM3 is widely considered the gold standard for wireless noise-canceling headphones and is right up there with Bose’s Quiet Comfort range. In fact, some people prefer Sony’s version for its touch controls and USB-C fast charging over Bose’s button interface and micro-USB port. Now, a leaked promo video has revealed almost everything there is to know about the Sony WH-1000MX4 and it’s shaping up to be as impressive as its predecessor.
Sony will launch the WH-1000XM4 wireless noise-canceling headphones on August 6 and this new promo video leaves little to the imagination. Not only does it show the new headphones in their entirety but also details key specs and features of the device. Here’s a quick list of all the new features of the Sony WH-1000XM4 revealed by the teaser video.
Sony WH-1000XM4 features
- 40mm hybrid drivers
- Same touch-based swipe controls as the Sony WH-1000XM3
- Real-time audio upscaling with Sony’s DSEE Extreme software
- Ambient sound mode to listen to important announcements while using headphones
- Personalized sound settings based on location
- Alexa and Google Assistant support
- USB-C fast charging: 10 minutes charge for 5 hours of playback
- 30 hours of advertised battery life
- Black, silver colorways
While most of these attributes are borrowed from the Sony WH-1000XM3, the new WH-1000XM4 will also get some handy new tricks.
As shown in the teaser video, they have a feature called Wearing Detection which automatically starts and stops audio when you wear or remove the headphones. This is something we’ve seen on many true wireless earphones of late and is a welcome addition to the new Sony ANC flagship.
Chat-To-Speak is another helpful new feature coming to the WH-1000XM4. It will apparently pause playback on the headphones while you’re talking to someone and resume it 30 seconds after you’re done so you don’t miss out on the response.
Besides these two new features, everything else looks to be the same, including the design of the headphones. What remains to be seen is the price which, according to a previous Walmart listing, could be around $350.