Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Second Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware leaks – I9300XXDLH4 [Download]
A few days ago, we heard that Samsung may rollout the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for its flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S3, on August 29, at least for some versions. At the same time, we found out that a test Jelly Bean firmware for the handset has been leaked, and that anyone interested in installing it was able to do so.
But now it looks there’s a second Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build out there, version I9300XXDLH4, which can also be flashed to your Galaxy S3 device, if you so desire. The news comes from Sam Mobile, the same publication that got Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean scoops in the recent past.
As always, we’ll remind you we don’t encourage you to install unofficial ROMs on any Android device, and that you’re going to be the only person responsible for whatever happens with your handset or tablet in the process. Advanced users will surely want to test drive the Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3, so here’s what you need to do in order to get it.
Sam Mobile has obtained firmware I9300XXDLH4, dated August 14, after installing it on one of its Galaxy S3 units, dumping the firmware and repackaging it for public use. Here are flashing instructions as published on the site:
- Unzip the file
- Open Odin 3.04 (already included in the firmware package)
- Restart phone in download mode (Home+power+vol down)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow sign in Odin
- Add I9300XXDLH4_I9300OXADLH4_I9300XXLH1_BTU.tar.md5 to PDA
- Make sure re-partition NOT ticked
- Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!
In addition to Sam Mobile, we also have flashing instructions, alongside download links, from xda-developers, where user Jack Barrett has packaged the Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean latest ROM in a friendlier fashion, just hit the links below for more information.
Are you running Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S3?