Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's how you take screenshots on your phone
We’d probably be lost without some smartphone features; taking screenshots is one of them. Whether it’s snagging a digital receipt or an entire how-to webpage for later use, screenshotting is essential.
How do you take screenshots on your phone?
Around 1,600 votes were tallied on this one, but there’s a definite majority. Despite the various methods one can grab a screenshot, pressing the volume-down and power buttons is the most popular. More than 58% of voters prefer this formula which is the most universal way to snag stills on an Android phone.
Interestingly, using voice assistants is the least popular method with just 30 voters (1.9% of the vote) using them instead.
More than one in three readers employ a software shortcut to snag screenshots, while the power button menu or a quick setting garnered just under 8% of the vote. The comments seem in line with this option too, with many users pointing to built-in UI options.
Here’s what you told us
- Syamsul Rosli: MIUI three finger swipe.
- Tony’s Texas Hots: Samsung side-of-palm swipe. Works every time.
- Wongwatt: Huawei user so the excellent knuckle tap and draw shortcuts for me.
- Eric Pearson: While I am left handed and find the s21 buttons on the perfect place to use the power vol down combo. I have, on occasion, been driving and found the swipe across the screen gesture to be very helpful.
- thesecondsight: Moto three fingers touch & hold the screen.
That’s it for this poll. Thanks for your votes and comments. If you have any further thoughts on your preferred screenshot method or the poll results, drop them down below.