Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Samsung+ app receives major overhaul, gains Assist and Community features
If you happen to own a newer Samsung Galaxy flagship, odds are you’ve stumbled across the Samsung+ application that came pre-installed on your phone. It’s basically a help and assist application that will make sure you’re getting the most out of your Samsung smartphone. Today the app is getting a major update to version 3.0, which will bring a number of useful features to the already helpful app.
In the past, if you had trouble with your Samsung device, you’d be able to video chat with a representative via Samsung+ to help solve your problem. Now Samsung is taking that feature one step further. With the addition of the Samsung Assist feature, you’ll actually be able to share your screen with the rep and let them operate your device to see if they can fix the problem. You’ll need to grant permission to the rep before they take control. This feature will only be available for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge for now, while older Galaxy devices will receive the update through carriers in the coming weeks.
In addition, Samsung+ is getting a pretty big visual overhaul that will make the app much easier on the eyes. Separated into three different tabs, the app’s new layout will make features more easily accessible. You’ll now see a big list of tips and tricks on the homepage, as well as a personalized greeting once you open the app.
There are tons of other new improvements and features you’ll want to check out, including the Samsung Community and more. All of those details can be found in the press release attached below. The big version 3.0 update will be available starting today from Google Play. Interested? Follow the link below for more details.
Samsung Ups the Ante on Customer Support with New Version of Samsung+ App
Update Brings New Features including Remote Customer Support Via “Samsung Assist”
NEW YORK CITY, March 31, 2016 – Today, Samsung will release a new and improved version of the Samsung+ app (version 3.0), a one-stop destination for empowering people to get the most from their Samsung products, with additional features to further Samsung’s customer support offerings and deliver a more supported ownership experience.
Key features of Samsung+ 3.0 app include:
- Live Support: With a variety of support options to meet customers’ needs, the Samsung+ app provides live support via video chat with the option to text, or phone support with a Samsung representative 7 days a week.
- Samsung Assist Feature: Brand new for Samsung+ 3.0, “Samsung Assist” feature brings users hands-on support, direct to their screens wherever they are. Samsung owners can access “Samsung Assist” feature to allow a support representative to remotely operate and troubleshoot their device. “Samsung Assist” feature can be activated once a consumer grants permission, during a video chat or phone call with a support representative. This feature is currently available on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Other Galaxy devices and tablets will receive the “Samsung Assist” feature through carrier updates over the coming weeks.
- On Demand Answers: Understanding that some customers prefer self-guided support, Samsung+ app offers On Demand Answers, which include FAQs troubleshooting tips for users to solve issues on their own.
- Device Diagnostics: The app’s Diagnostics feature keeps tabs on your device’s battery health as well as data and security. Simple tools pair with diagnostics to quickly optimize battery life and streamline storage.
- Tips & Tricks: Samsung+ app provides a library of tips and tricks and personalized support to help you do more and get more from your device. The release of Samsung+ 3.0 makes tips and tricks available for Samsung home appliances and consumer electronics, in addition to mobile devices.
- Community: With version 3.0, Samsung adds community across Samsung+ and online at samsung.com. Content will continue to be added on a rolling basis and we are excited to see this evolve as a valuable future resource for customers.
Exclusive Access to Content and Rewards
- Galaxy Life: Samsung+ app treats owners like true VIPs, providing insider access to the latest Samsung innovations, plus personalized offers, discounts on the latest Samsung products, and even ticket giveaways for big events, which most recently occurred at SXSW.
The 3.0 version of Samsung+ app will be available starting today on Google Play.[/press]