Samsung is rolling out its online-exclusive mobile accessories around the globe. Starting in early November, six of Samsung’s mobile gadgets – which are already available in Korea – will be purchasable from Samsung’s online store and “major regional shopping sites”.
The upcoming branded accessories comprise of:
- Wireless Speaker Bottle design – 360-degree surround sound speaker with wireless charging, a motion-sensitive UX and built-in light compatible with the Samsung Lux Manager app. (~$77)
- Wireless Charger Tray design – slim, wireless charger capable of loading two devices simultaneously. (~$58)
- Battery Pack Kettle design – portable battery coming in 5,100 mAh and 10,200 mAh capacities. (~$26/~$35)
- Wireless Speaker Scoop design – disc-shaped portable speaker with built-in microphone and strap. (~$48)
- USB LED Light – portable USB-powered lamp. (~$9)
- In-ear Headphones Rectangle design – in-ear phones with fabric-and-metal construction and tangle-free cable. (~$26)
This news follows just several days after Samsung posted its Q3 2016 earnings which revealed a 95 percent dip in its operating profit compared to the same period last year – largely the result of its Galaxy Note 7 cancellation.
There are no details on US pricing for the gadgets just yet (the guide prices above are based on crude conversions from their Korean Won equivalent) but we should find out in the next week or so. Look out for them over at www.samsung.com soon.