Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Raised by Wolves season 2: Everything on the series and if there's a Season 3
One of the first original series from Warner Media’s HBO Max streaming service, Raised By Wolves got generally solid reviews when it debuted its first season in September 2020. HBO Max quickly ordered a second season which debuted on the service in early 2022. Here’s a quick look at everything we know on season 2, and if there will be a season 3 of the show.
Read more: What’s new on HBO Max
You can sign up for HBO Max now at the link below:
When is Raised by Wolves Season 2 scheduled to debut?
You can now watch all eight episodes for Raised by Wolves Season 2 now on HBO Max.
What is the second season all about?
The first season of Raised By Wolves established the setting of the show. In a future timeline where Earth has been destroyed by war between religious and atheist humans, a pair of androids head into space with a small group of embryos. The androids, named Mother (Amanda Collin) and Father (Abubakar Salim), raise the one human that came from those embryos on an alien world for several years. However, the group later learns that other humans have managed to escape Earth, including a heavily religious group led by a man named Marcus (Travis Fimmel), and some other young children.
Later in the first season, Mother learns she has somehow become pregnant. In the final episode of season 1, she gives birth, but to a flying snake-like alien rather than a human.
Season 2 of the show sees Mother and Father, and their group of human children that they take care of, go to another part of their planet, which is in more of a tropical setting. They encounter another human refuge group with atheist beliefs. Meanwhile, the first group of religious humans is also making trouble on the planet
Raised by Wolves Season 2 Episode Guide
- 2.1 – Collective – Mother, Father, and their “children” try to make friends with their new atheist human group.
- 2.2 – Seven – Marcus tries to find the serpent that came out of Mother.
- 2.3 – Good Creatures – Mother tries to protect the snake-like creature, while Marcus gains some new followers and abilities.
- 2.4 – Control – Marcus and his followers go on the run from Mother.
- 2.5 – King – Mother tries to keep the atheist group together, while Marcus and his followers find a temple.
- 2.6 – The Tree – Marcus and others open a box that has some major secrets inside.
- 2.7 – Feeding – Marcus and Mother join forces to combat a new version of the serpent.
- 2.8 – Happiness – Mother tries to destroy the serpent once and for all.
- Amanda Collin – Mother
- Abubakar Salim – Father
- Travis Fimmel – Marcus
- Winta McGrath – Campion
- Selina Jones – Grandmother
Will there be a season 3?
On June 3, 2022, HBO Max confirmed to Variety that the streaming service would not renew Raised by Wolves for a third season. However, cast member Abubakar Salim posted messages on his Twitter account that same day that indicated that the show’s production company Scott Free was trying to see if it could get the show to be renewed on another streaming platform or network. He encouraged fans of the show to show their support for a possible Raised by Wolves season 3 on social media.