- UK retailer Carphone Warehouse published two overview pages detailing the Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
- The leak confirms several details that have been rumored over the past weeks.
Google has historically done a poor job of keeping Pixel details under wraps, and this year has not been an exception.
The latest leak – if we can call it that – comes courtesy of Carphone Warehouse, the major UK-based electronics retailer. The retailer has published (via Evan Blass) two overview pages (1, 2) detailing the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro and confirming some information from previous rumors and assumptions. Officially, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will only launch on October 19.
What do the Pixel 6 series listings tell us?
We’ve already seen quite a few leaks and rumors regarding Google’s latest phones, and the Carphone Warehouse pages reflect some of these while also adding new details. Here are some tidbits of information we can get from the pages:
- The Pixel 6 and 6 Pro will feature Google’s Tensor processor and next-gen Titan M2 security chip.
- Google claims the Tensor will provide up to 80% more performance compared to the Pixel 5.
- The standard Pixel can last up to 48 hours via the Extreme Battery Saver mode.
- “All-day” battery life with Adaptive Battery on the standard model.
- Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on both variants.
- IP68 water protection for both models.
- The Pixel 6 has a 6.4-inch Smooth Display with adjustable refresh rate and high brightness mode.
- The Pro model has a 6.7-inch 120Hz LTPO screen, capable of dropping down to 10Hz.
- Offline translations in 55 languages.
- 30W fast wired charging.
- New Pixel Stand that is twice as powerful compared to the first-gen model. Up to 23W supported on Pro and up to 21W on standard phone.
- Five years of security updates in the US.
Plenty of new camera features
The Carphone Warehouse pages also detail a host of camera specs and features. Some of these tidbits were previously known, while others are either new or were only hinted at before. Here’s what we learned about the Pixel 6 series cameras via the listings:
- The Pixel 6 Pro will have a 50MP wide lens, 48MP telephoto lens, 12MP ultra-wide lens on the back.
- Google’s standard model will offer a 50MP wide lens and an ultra-wide camera (there’s no mention of the rumored 12MP resolution).
- The new primary sensor will capture 150% more light compared to the main rear camera on the Pixel 5.
- Pixel 6 Pro will offer 4X optical zoom, and 20X Super Res Zoom.
- Magic Eraser, a previously rumored feature, will allow users to automatically remove certain elements from images (e.g. objects, photobombers).
- Face Unblur will “de-blur a face to make it sharper.”
- Motion Mode lets you capture “crazy skateboarding tricks and wild beach waves in full motion.”
- Ultra-wide 94-degree field of view for the Pixel 6 Pro selfie camera. It’s unclear if this will be available on the Pixel 6 too.
Screenshots from the pages
Most of these details have been rumored before, but the difference is that this is an official source we have no reason to doubt. At the time of this writing the two pages are still online.