Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Oxygen OS 12 rollout starts again for OnePlus 9 series
- OnePlus has restarted the rollout of Oxygen OS 12 to the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
- This new rollout comes after a canceled one that saw an extremely negative response from users.
- The new changelog seems relatively small, but OnePlus says it addresses the major issues of the previous release.
On December 6, OnePlus announced the rollout of stable Android 12 to the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. However, after a few days, OnePlus canceled the rollout. The cancelation was due to resoundingly negative feedback from users who saw numerous bugs.
See also: OnePlus 9 series buyer’s guide
Now, OnePlus is trying things again. A different Oxygen OS 12 rollout has started anew with an updated changelog. OnePlus says this launch solves “issues that were most reported recently, including the failure to connect to the mobile data in certain scenarios, phone notifications not being visible, freeze issues, some display problems, etc.”
Considering it’s been less than a week since OnePlus stopped the previous rollout, we’re interested to see how users respond to this new launch. Could OnePlus really have fixed everything users had issues with for the first Oxygen OS 12 release? Time will tell. All we know is it would be a PR nightmare for OnePlus if it needs to cancel this rollout, too.
The new changelog for this launch is below. As usual, the software is rolling out in stages, so you’ll likely need to wait a few days before you see the notification on your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro.
Oxygen OS 12 second rollout changelog
- Improved the smoothness of fingerprint unlocking
- Optimized system power consumption to extend the battery life
- Fixed the issue of screen tearing when back to the home screen in some games
- Fixed the issue that the notification bar showed a blank bar
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.12
- Improved the startup speed of the application
- Improved the image effect of the rear camera
- Fixed the issue that failed to connect to the mobile data in certain scenarios