Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OPPO launches A83 in India with artificial intelligence technology for selfies
OPPO has unveiled its latest entry-level camera phone in India, the A83.
The OPPO A83 comes with an 8 MP front camera and a 13 MP rear camera, and uses A.I. Beauty Recognition Technology that employs a cloud database from premium suppliers that have sufficient power to support diversified facial recognition in smart terminals.
Our focus has always been on bringing best photography and Selfie experience to the Indian consumers. We have received an immense response for our Selfie Expert A Series and F Series. With the A83 we wish to bring an affordable selfie camera with advance features such as the HD + Full Screen Display and AI Beauty Technology. The A83 truly represents our ambition to continue being the Selfie Expert and Leader in the market.– Will Yang, Brand Director, OPPO India
OPPO A83 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat with ColorOS 3.2
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD+ (1440 x 720) LCD | 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: MediaTek 6763T; clocked at 2.5 GHz
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash | f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Battery: 3,180 mAh
- Dimensions: 150.5 x 73.1 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 143 grams
Priced at ₹13,990 ($220), the OPPO A83 is available in two color variants – Black and Gold – and will go on sale on Amazon and Flipkart and across offline stores starting January 20.