Update: The giveaway is now closed, thanks for everyone who entered. The grand prize winner is Justin B. from Canada.
Let’s face it, we’ve all been burned by our data bills at one point or another. Carriers still charge us an arm and a leg for internet access on our mobile devices, and the Internet is full of horror stories about customers who forgot to turn off their data roaming while in vacation, and came home to bills of thousands of dollars.
In a world where simply going online can have spooky consequences, Opera Max has one simple goal – to save you data.
Android Authority has teamed up with Opera for a Halloween-themed international giveaway of some of the hottest Android devices of 2014!
We want to know about your data horror stories. Did you ever get a massive bill when you came back from your European vacation? Has an app ever used up all your data unexpectedly?
Share your horror stories on social media with the hashtags: #DataHorrorStories and #OperaMax!
Each week leading up to Halloween, we’ll hold a draw for a prize, starting with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. On October 31, one lucky winner will get their hands on the grand prize pack, consisting of a Nexus 9, a Moto X (2014), and a Moto 360 smartwatch!
- October 15: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – [WINNER: Jonas. S USA]
- October 22: Sony Xperia Z3 – [WINNER: Aarman S. USA]
- October 29: Moto X (2014) – [WINNER: Michael W. USA]
- October 31: Nexus 9, Moto X (2014), and Moto 360 smartwatch [WINNER: Justin B. CANADA]
The contest closes on October 31, 2014 at the strike of midnight, so get your entries in as soon as possible. Once the contest is over we will pick the grand prize winner.
How to enter the giveaway
You can earn entry tickets into the giveaway by completing the following tasks in the RaffleCopter widget located below.
- [2 Tickets] For downloading the Opera Max Android App.
- [1 Tickets] Post your #DataHorrorStories on Twitter
- [1 Tickets] Post your #DataHorrorStories on Facebook
- [1 Tickets] Post your #DataHorrorStories on Google+
- [1 Tickets] Post your #DataHorrorStories on Instagram
- [5 Tickets] Post your #DataHorrorStories on YouTube
- [1 Tickets] Follow Opera on Twitter
- [1 Tickets] Follow Opera on Facebook
- [10 Tickets] Refer friends to the giveaway. You will be given a unique URL to share with your friends or social networks. You will receive 1 bonus entry (up to 10 max) for every person you refer to the giveaway using your unique URL.
Terms & Conditions
- The giveaway is an international giveaway, except when we can not ship to your country.
- If we can not ship to your country, you will be compensated with an online gift card of equal MSRP value to the prize.
- We are not responsible for lost shipments.
- You must be age of majority in your country of residence.
- We are not responsible for any duties, import taxes that you may incur.
- Only 1 entry per person, do not enter multiple email addresses. We will verify all winners and if we detect multiple email addresses by the same person you will not be eligible to win.
- We reserve all rights to make any changes to this giveaway.
- We will ship all prizes once they become available.