- The OnePlus Watch is getting some much-needed improvements and bug fixes.
- The company has also promised to roll out Always-on display and other features in the future.
The OnePlus Watch didn’t really get off to a good start. Reviews of the wearable were largely unfavorable owing to inaccurate activity tracking, lack of marquee features at launch, GPS dropouts, and more. It seems OnePlus has taken note of many of these problems in the latest update now rolling out for the device.
This is the first OnePlus Watch over-the-air update with firmware number B.40. It will initially roll out to devices in the US and Canada, followed by other countries in the coming days.
The changelog of the latest OnePlus Watch update shows that the company has pushed out improvements to things like GPS, fitness tracking, notifications, and more. It even squashes some known bugs. However, you might not be too happy with it since some previously missing features have still not landed.
OnePlus says it’ll push out the Always-on display functionality, remote camera control, all 110 workout modes, and other attributes in a future update. There’s no word on when this update will land, but reports suggest it could release around mid-May.
Meanwhile, you can view the complete changelog for the latest update and features promised for the future below.
OnePlus Watch B.40 update changelog
- Improved GPS performance
- Improved accuracy of activity tracking (walking and running)
- Optimized heart rate monitoring algorithm
- Enabled notification app icons for the most frequently used apps
- Improved raise-to-wake function
- Optimized notification syncing algorithm
- Fixed some known bugs
- Improved system stability
OnePlus Watch upcoming features
- Always-on Display feature
- Remote camera control of Android smartphones (Android phones running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above) from OnePlus Watch
- 12-hour time format
- Four languages: German, Italian, Spanish, and Polish
- All 110+ workout modes
- AI watch face