Welcome to the OnePlus Nord 2 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to the second-generation Nord. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. OnePlus usually pushes out Oxygen OS updates to its Nord devices regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
The OnePlus Nord 2 will get two years of major Android upgrades (Android 12 and Android 13) and three years of security patches.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus Nord 2 get Android 12? 2021-22 (Estimated)
Also read: OnePlus Nord 2 review
Latest OnePlus Nord 2 updates
October 11, 2021: It’s been a while, but OnePlus is now rolling out a new update for the OnePlus Nord 2. Oxygen OS A.11 brings several system changes, improved HDR effects for pixel peepers, and “optimized network connection stability. Although the update is rolling out in October, the September 2021 Android security update is included.
See the full changelog below.
- Reduced power consumption in specific scenarios
- Optimized some texts for the system
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.09
- Fixed known issues and improved stability
- Improved the HDR effect in some shooting scenes
- Optimized network connection stability
To check if an update is available, head to Settings > System > System updates on your device. As always, this update will be rolled out via OTA incrementally. Don’t be too concerned if you haven’t yet received it.
Previous OnePlus Nord 2 updates
- August 30, 2021: Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 included power optimization for games, improved the Nord 2’s facial unlock system, and included the August 2021 Android security patch.
- August 3, 2021: Oxygen OS 11.3.A.08 rolled out system stability improvements and tweaks to the Nord 2’s camera system. The latter included optimizations to the HDR feature effect, and improved “shooting performance.”
- July 23, 2021: Oxygen OS 11.3.A.05 landed as the first software update to the Nord 2. Per XDA-Developers, it brought several system optimizations as well as camera and network-related improvements.