Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
We asked, you told us: Here's what you want from the OnePlus 9T
The OnePlus 9 series launched just over a month ago, bringing three different flagship-level products to the table. We’ve got the full-blown premium device in the OnePlus 9 Pro, the standard OnePlus 9, and the OnePlus 9R taking aim at the affordable flagship tier.
The company usually offers a T-series of flagships in the second half of the year though, and we had a few ideas in mind for how OnePlus could improve things. But what would you like to see from a OnePlus 9T series? Here’s how you answered this question.
What do you most hope to see with the OnePlus 9T?
The poll was posted on April 25, and 1,379 votes were tallied as of writing. Two answers stood head and shoulders above all else though, with an under-display selfie camera (38.29%) and a rear camera trifecta (27.92%) being the most popular features respondents want to see on the OnePlus 9T.
We’ve already seen the first phone with an under-display camera launch late last year, but picture quality was a major step down from even budget phones. So OnePlus will need to deliver a major technological breakthrough if it wants an under-display camera that isn’t terrible.
It’s also easy to see why a rear camera trifecta (main, ultra-wide, telephoto) was a popular pick in this poll. The company’s Pro phones all offer this flexible camera setup, but we haven’t seen this trifecta on a standard OnePlus phone since 2019’s OnePlus 7T.
Android 12 out of the box took the third spot, with ~13% of respondents wanting to see OnePlus offer the new update from the get-go. Interestingly enough, the “other” option was in fourth position, with ~9% of voters not satisfied with the other options on the list. Comments suggest these readers are looking for better update commitments, optical image stabilization, better pricing, and a headphone port.
Higher capacity storage and faster wireless charging were the two least popular picks on the list.
- sigewulf: Start with something basic like OIS.
- Thalapathy Thalapathy: A competitive price mark will be a good one.
- Austin: Hope to see a Mclaren edition one + 9 pro
- Woodie C Douglas: Return with a headphone jack on the next gen of OnePlus for musicians to use with pro headphones, since LG has left the market.
- ProLoveLife: A good 3D ToF sensor and maybe instead of a main and an ultra-wide a telephoto and an ultra-wide.
- pikkoz: Better software support/updates. Seriously, it’s since OP6 (after that Android OS 9 port in record time ) that software updates started to suck hard, now an Oneplus device have a good support the first year and then you’re left with slow,buggy and delayed updates.
Thanks for voting in our poll and for leaving comments. What do you expect to see from the OnePlus 9T series when it inevitably launches later this year?