Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 8 and 8T finally get the Android 12 treatment
- Oxygen OS 12 is now rolling out for the OnePlus 8 series, OnePlus 8, and OnePlus 9R.
- The update is currently headed to open beta users and will soon reach stable channel customers.
- Users in Europe will have to wait a bit longer to get the Android 12-based software.
OnePlus is finally pushing out the Android 12-based Oxygen OS 12 update for the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and the OnePlus 8T. The company is also sending the new software update to the OnePlus 9R.
For now, the stable Oxygen OS 12 build for the OnePlus 8 series, 8T, and 9R is rolling out to users who were previously running the open beta version of the software. OnePlus says the update should reach stable branch users very soon. It also noted that the build for EU users requires additional validation steps, but will be released as soon as possible.
Meanwhile in India, the Oxygen OS 12 build for the OnePlus 8 comes with version number IN2011_11.C.11. North American users should see it as version number IN2015_11.C.11. The OnePlus 8 Pro Oxygen OS 12 update carries firmware number IN2021_11.C.11 for India and IN2025_11.C.11 for North America.
If you’re a OnePlus 8T user, you should see updates KB2001_11.C.11 and KB2005_11.C.11 in India and North America, respectively. The OnePlus 9R’s Android 12 update is titled LE2101_11.C.14 for India.
You can read the common changelog for all the phones below.
Oxygen OS 12 update for OnePlus 8 series, OnePlus 8T, and OnePlus 9R
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
- Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
- The clock displays smaller. You can try to adjust it manually or delete it and add the clock widget again
- Phone application may be replaced by Contacts in Dock. You can adjust it manually to move Phone application in the right place