Affiliate links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 3T gets a new update, no it's not Nougat
The OnePlus 3T has been on the market for just shy of a month, but already it is getting another OTA update. Before you get too excited, no it’s not Nougat. For now, the Nougat update remains in beta and is only available for the original OnePlus 3. Instead, OxygenOS 3.5.4 is about optimizing the existing software and adding a number of stability improvements.
In particular, the latest update brings optimizations for T-Mobile’s network, optimizations to reduce lag when battery is below 5%, improvements to battery saving mode, and fixing a major issue that was affecting WhatsApp.
The full changelog is as follows:
- Optimizations for US-TMO Network
- Optimizations to Reduce Lag when Battery is below 5%
- Optimized Bluetooth Connectivity for Mazda Cars
- Optimized Battery Saving Mode: GPS and Orientation Preferences will be restored when Battery Saving Mode is closed.
- Fixed Flashlight Usability Issue in WhatsApp
- Increased System Stability
- Implemented Various Bug Fixes
The update is rolling out over the air starting today, but OnePlus says that it will be a staged rollout and will hit only a small percentage of devices immediately with the rest to follow shortly after.
While this update would have been more exciting if it had brought Nougat, OnePlus has a pretty mixed track record when it comes to timely updates, so hopefully this latest update is an indication that OnePlus is starting to adapt a much more aggressive updating strategy.