Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
OnePlus 3 and 3T now receiving OxygenOS 5.0 and Android Oreo OTA
To start, the OTA should be available starting today. Those who don’t get a notification may be able to grab it by checking for updates manually. Some community members have already begun receiving the update, so that’s good news. Otherwise, you may have to wait a day or two until it rolls out to your advice. However, the update is being accompanied by OxygenOS 5.0. That’s going to bring its own set of changes:
- OnePlus’ Parallel apps feature is now included. It lets you clone apps for use with multiple accounts.
- Picture-in-picture is now available, obviously.
- Auto-fill, Smart Text Selection, and other Android Oreo features are available.
- The security patch is updated to September.
- New Quick Settings design, notification dots, and a new app folder design make an appearance.
- Users can now upload photos directly to Shot.
According to OnePlus, the update also includes some optimizations and fixes to answer some feedback from the community. About the only other caveat is that people must be on the latest update in order to get the Android O and OxygenOS 5.0 update. That’s no big deal. Most people should be on the latest software already.
Not many phones even have Oreo, including newer flagships like the Note 8 and LG V30. That gives the aging phone a small advantage over newer devices. Those with the OnePlus 3 and 3T can stay relevant for a little bit longer. It’s also nice to see OnePlus on their update game after having a few issues with updates in the past.
Have you received the update yet? Tell us about it in the comments!