Links on Android Authority may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Nova Launcher Beta brings Pixel Launcher features in new update
Just a few days ago, we reported that Action Launcher 3 would be updated with all the new Nexus Pixel Launcher features that we saw a month ago. Well, it was only a matter of time until Nova Launcher did the same, and the update has finally arrived, at least for Beta testers. The newest version of the launcher brings all the Pixel goodness and more!
Back in August, we got a taste of what Google’s upcoming Pixel phones would bring, specifically the all-new Pixel launcher. It introduced a new app drawer that you can swipe up into, something reminiscent of the Android Cupcake era but much more refined. Among other changes, there is now a Google pill-shaped button on your home screen as well as new app folder icons.
Nova Launcher Beta is bringing all the Pixel goodness with the most recent update, including the swipe-up app drawer, Google Search pill, and new folder icons. Kevin Barry, the creator behind the launcher, has outlined all the new changes in the 5.0 Beta, which are as follow:
- Swipe to open drawer (a la Pixel Launcher)
- New Pixel Launcher style searchbar
- New search view, with tabs for Frequent, Recent ad New/Updated apps
- New “Timeout” screen lock method
- New double-tap-swipe gestures
- Integrated search bar into drawer (card and immersive)
- Option for dock backgrounds to draw under navbar
- Nougat fixes and optimizations
- Improve interactions with KLWP
Barry notes that he is working to make the settings easier, but if you want the Pixel Launcher look, these are the settings he recommends:
- Drawer > Swipe to open
- Drawer > Card Background > Off
- Drawer > Background Color > White
- Desktop > Indicators > Page Indicator > Line
- Desktop > Indicators > Swipe to drawer indicator
- Dock > Background > Rectangle, White, Transparent, behind navbar
If you are a current Beta tester, you should have the update ready to be installed. For those who are not participating in the Beta program, you can sign up to be a tester here or simply download the APK by following this link.
Are you a fan of Pixel Launcher’s features? Excited about the upcoming Pixel phones? Let us know by leaving a comment below!